- 1882 - foundation of the textile mill
- 1889 - transformation into a joint-stock company
- 1947 - nationalization
- 1992 - transformation into a sole-shareholder company of the State Treasury
- 1995 - inclusion in the Mass Privatization Programme (main shareholder: "ZACHODNI" National Investment Fund)
- 1999 - implementation of ISO 9001
- 2002 - ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Certificate granted
- 2004 - completion of the process of elimination of natural fibre processing technology initiated in 1988 - production solely based on propylene
- 2006 - joining FAM S.A. Capital Group
- 2014 - joining THC SPV3
- 2015 - implementation of ISO14001
- 2018 - joining BR GROUP Capital
Częstochowskie Zakłady Przemysłu Lniarskiego "Stradom" (The "Stradom" Linen Industry Works of Częstochowa) was founded in 1882. The location of the factory on its present site was determined by the proximity of the Stradomka river, low property prices in the area, reserve of cheap labour and easy access to the nearby railway. The manufactory was established by merchants: the brothers Józef and Abraham Goldstein, Leon Oderfeld and Adolf Oppenheim and was the first textile mill in Częstochowa.
In 1898 the owners transformed the factory into a joint-stock company and it operated in this form until the outbreak of World War II. By 1904 the factory had developed rapidly to become the largest industrial plant in the region. At that time its production value amounted to 1,800,000 roubles and the production volume was 5017 tons of yarns and cords. Rapid enlargement of the factory and expansion of the product range brought about an increase in the employment level from 304 workers in 1892 to 1640.
During World War I in the years 1914 - 1918 the factory was closed. At that time Germans located repair workshops for cars and other equipment on the factory premises. After the end of the war the factory resumed its production, gradually regaining its former production capacity - it was not until 1926 that the production volume exceeded the pre-war level.
The years 1926 - 27 were a time of relative economic prosperity, which was followed by a great crisis and depression. The factory management limited employees' work time to 2 - 3 days a week. Many workers were made redundant, piece and day rates slumped, which lead to a wave of strikes. In 1930 the factory employed 3164 people. After the outbreak of World War II the factory management was taken over by Germans and until January 1945 continued the production of its pre-war product assortment. In 1945, owing to the dedication of its employees, the factory remained undamaged. After the liberation of Częstochowa the workers protected the factory property; a Temporary State Management was appointed and commenced the production start-up. The first factory director was Mr. Emil Teclaff. In 1945 the factory employed 1120 staff and its output was 329 tons of yarn and 1,024,000 running metres of fabrics. At that time the factory means of transport were: a Fiat truck, tractor, car, two motorcycles, 13 horses and two rail car pushers.
On 10th September, 1946 the factory was nationalized, its enterprise was reconstructed and modernized, the factory was expanded and the employment level rose. In 1992 Stradom, as an important textile industry enterprise, was included in the Mass Privatization Programme and transformed into a sole-shareholder company of the State Treasury. In 1995 the factory shares were contributed to the National Investment Funds. The majority share stake was held by the XIV ZACHODNI National Investment Fund.
In 1998 the company name was changed to Stradom Spółka Akcyjna (Stradom Joint-Stock Company) and a year later the company implemented a quality assurance system receiving an ISO 9001 Quality System Certificate granted by N.V. KEMA. In 2002, to meet the expectations of its customers, STRADOM S.A. implemented the ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System. In 2011, STRADOM S.A. implemented the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System granted by DEKRA Certification Sp. z.o.o..
At the end of 2014 We decided to implement Environmental Management System which complies with ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004
26 th March 2015 We received a certificate confirming compliance of the Environmental Management System ISO 14001: 2004.
From the beginning of the factory for over 106 years the same production profile was maintained i.e. processing linen, hemp and jute raw materials. It was not until 1988, when polypropylene was introduced as a raw material, that natural fibre processing began to be gradually reduced to be finally discontinued altogether in 2004.
In 2006 Stradom joined the FAM S.A. Capital Group
In 2014 Stradom joined the THC SPV3.
In 2018, Stradom S.A. is part of the BR GROUP capital group, which operates based on history and tradition and its main goal is continuous development.